ISO 14001 is an management system for environment. Environment impact become a very important issue in every industries. People now looking in how to control the waste, reduce the resources, recycle the material to reach environment friendly. This Management system provides you with a framework for managing environmental responsibilities efficiently. This involves setting up an environmental policy, addressing the environmental concerns and define the action plan to control it.
ISO 14001 standard is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology and it’s developed based on the concept below:
- Establish environmental objectives and targets: Review your products and processes in which to determine how these elements will bring an impact to the environment. Then, establish the various environmental objectives and targets needed to be incorporated into the processes and procedures of their policy.
- Implementation of planning process: Identify the resources and people required for the implementation. Proper documentation, communication and educating your employees can help to ensure that your ISO 14001 standard is being implemented using the correct methodology.
- Monitoring: Organisation will need to monitor and measure the effectiveness and efficiency of their system to ensure that their environmental objectives are met according to legal requirements.
- Reviewing of corrective action: Conduct management review to ensure that their objectives are met.
- Review and developing: Organisation should review and then move towards applying a strategic approach to deal with environmental issues faced in their business.